We have paused covid vaccinations at the Lyng Centre if you have received your NHS invite for the spring booster please contact 119.
You will still be able to enter the practice where you can enter the reception area. Please keep in mind we will have social distancing measures in place where you may be expected to wait outside if the reception area reaches full capacity. We would appreciate it if you could be patient with us whilst we try to keep you safe. As this is a NHS Building please continue to wear your mask at all times.
You are still able to contact the surgery through telephone on 0121 553 4000 and our online services are still available. We do have face to face appointments available that will be traiged this means that the receptionist will need to ask specific questions to help direct you to receive the appropriate care.
Please dont forget that there are many services available for you, depending on your condition. These include:
- Self-care - This is the best choice to treat minor illnesses and injuries such as coughs, colds, grazes, small cuts or sore throats. Many of these can be treated at home, simply with over-the-counter medicines and plenty of rest.
- Pharmacy- Pharmacists can give advice and treat a range of symptoms. They can support you with things such as diarrhoea, earaches, painful coughs, sticky eyes, teething and rashes.
- NHS 111 - You can access 111 online via the telephone. This is for any urgent but non-life threatning health concerns. They will be able to signpost you to the relevant service and provide advice where apporiate, or book you in to an Urgent Treatment Centre.
- A&E/999 - You should only attend A&E or dial 999 in a life threatening emergency such as severe bleeding, breathing difficulties and severe chest pain.
We hope very soon we will be able to resume our normal services and would like to say thank you in advance for your patience and co operation.
We are committed to:
- Provide a high standard of medical care.
- Ensure that patients are seen by the most appropriate healthcare professional as quickly as possible.
- Provide patients with an experience and environment that is comfortable. Friendly, professional and covers all aspect of health and safety requirements.
- Involve other professionals in the care of our patients where this is in the best interests for example referral for specialist care and advice.
- Ensure all members of our team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently.
- Guide all staff in accordance with diversity and equality.
- Treat all patients with dignity and equality.
- Continually improve the lines of communication to patients using the latest technologies as appropriate.
- Develop new ways to educate and inform patients in order to encourage patients to be pro-active in their health and well being.
- Ensure effective and robust information and Clinical Governance systems.
- Continue to improve our healthcare services by monitoring and auditing.
Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm
Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm
To help ease the demand on the practice telephone system please can you AVOID ringing the practice during busy times (8.00 - 10.00am) during Monday to Friday for all NON-URGENT requests.
Practices are working in partnership to provide additional GP appointments between 6.30pm – 8pm during the week and also over the weekend, If you need access to an evening or weekend non-urgent appointment, please call and speak to the receptionist at your registered practice during normal opening hours.
Your appointment may be with another practice in the area and may not be at your registered practice (see our Newsletter for details)
Dr David Winteler
Dr Kamlesh Rana
Dr Claire Jones
Dr Sommiya Aslam
Dr James Tomlinson
Dr Emma Langeveldt
Dr Mary Horton
Dr Dominic Williams
Dr Jeetesh Patel
The Linkway Medical Practice is situated in the Lyng Health Centre in the centre of West Bromwich. The Central Bus and Metro Tram Stations are a short walk away. There is a 'Pay and Display' Car Park (free parking for the first 1.5 hours) and full access for the disabled.
Dartmouth Medical Centre is situated 2 minutes walk from the main high street in West Bromwich and directly opposite the Dartmouth tram stop. There are dedicated patient parking facilities including disabled parking.
We have an internet service for our patients which gives them access to booking appointments, ordering repeat prescriptions and detailed or summary of your medical records. Please see our Online Services Leaflet or ask at reception for more details. The service is available 24 hours a day and is used via a security password.